Weather Alert – Threat Level AMBER
QLD Severe Thunderstorm Warning: Damaging Winds
Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in Southeast Coast and parts of Wide Bay and Burnett and Darling Downs and Granite Belt Forecast Districts.
Issued at 10:22 am Thursday, 22 November 2018.
Line of storms moving through southeast Queensland. Damaging gusts possible.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Gold Coast, Toowoomba, Brisbane, Maroochydore, Kingaroy, Caboolture, Coolangatta, Ipswich, Cherbourg, Jimboomba, Mount Tamborine and Redcliffe.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.
91.9 Sea FM News Team – November 22, 2018